Basic Skills Curriculum (5 years & up)
Basic Skills teaches the FUNdamentals of ice skating and provides the best foundation for figure skating, hockey, and speedskating. Six progressive levels introduce forward and backward skating, stops, edges, crossovers, and turns.
Upon completion of the Basic Skills 1-6 levels, skaters will be able to confidently advance to more specialized areas of skating. All classes will be well-structured with the focus on proper skill development taught in a positive, FUN, and social environment. Skaters will progress at their own rate and advance after skill mastery is demonstrated.
Discover, Learn and Play – Basic 1 and 2: These introductory levels are for beginners and allow new skaters with no prior skating experience to build confidence while learning to skate.
FUNdamentals – Basic 3–6: These levels develop all of the fundamental skating skills on the ice. Focus is on learning the ABCs of basic athleticism: agility, balance, coordination and speed. Upon completion of these levels, skaters will be able to confidently advance to more specialized areas of skating.
- Skate rental is available from the ice arena for an additional fee of $3 per lesson. If you would like to purchase a pair of skates we suggest Reidell beginner skates. Please make sure that your skates are properly sharpened.
- All students 6 years and under are required to wear a helmet; although all beginners should wear one. We suggest an inline or roller blade skating helmet, however a bicycle helmet will do in a pinch.
- All students must wear gloves.
- Dress in light layers.
SCHEDULE AND FEES FOR 2018 WINTER SESSION
- Dates: January 4, 11, 18, 25; February 1, 8, 15, 22; March 1, 8, 15
- Fees: $176 + $17.25 *Learn to Skate USA Membership
- Classes: Levels 1, 2, & 3 -5:30 to 6:00pm
Levels 4, 5, & 6 - 6:00 to 6:30pm
REGISTRATION FORMS are available at the Beaver County Ice Arena and you may stop in and register any time.
Please note: This year you may sign up for your Learn to Skate USA membership online at www.learntoskateusa.com. You will need to provide your membership certificate or confirmation email with your registration form. Otherwise you must pay the membership fee at the time of registration.
Contact Information for Group Lessons
For more information please contact Gina Panella at email@example.com or 724-601-4015 (text message is preferred).